1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When I tested positive, I got the local contract tracing call from our school system nurse that night. I know her, so it was a fairly casual conversation, but I got pretty heated with her at the end because she'd ask the same things over and over again. I was exhausted, feverish, and generally felt like crap. It ended with, "Damn it. I've told you over and over. It doesn't matter how many times you ask me. The answer isn't going to change. Yes, I'm sure."
    I didn't get a call from the state health department for a few days, and that was a cluster. The woman called me and said, "Uhhh, I really don't know who I'm calling." The state called me for three straight days after that, but there questions were more about symptoms than contract tracing.

OscarMadison, maumann and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Watch till the end...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can confirm this through personal observation.

Hermes, maumann and Driftwood like this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

You are going out, as well?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've been going out quite a bit, mostly sitting outside but in some instances sitting inside in sparsely populated places. Also, in early before much of the "drinking crowd" comes out at night. My area has a fair handle on this and has had for much of the summer and fall. Your mileage may vary. I sure as hell wouldn't be going anywhere if I lived in South Dakota, however.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Whole Foods founder: the Spanish Flu killed 50 million and we didn't do all these safety measures, so why are we doing them now?

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

JUST ASKING QUESTIONS!

SFIND likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Get well soon, Coach Saban!

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Saban in a hospital breathing through a trach tube *might* be enough to convince Alabama Trumpists that the virus truly exists.

SFIND likes this.
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Didn't Saban already have it? That's troubling.

Draft saved Draft deleted