1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Donahd, vhere are zee blue bawls and Barron’s ornaments? Barron? Your zon you ninkompoop

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump referring to "30k" as a "sacred number" is appalling considering the COVID numbers. I could see a show on Trump TV (which he won't be on regularly "you got to make it like a special thing") where one of his aides and "noted Trump expert" Johnny Football or whomever that guy is spend an hour with host Hunter Gidley or Kirstie Alley going over that day's Trump tweets.

I can understand OG Biden staffers being pissed - but it wasn't staffers who got Biden elected, it was James Clyburn, Mayor Pete, and the other folks who paved the way for Joe, who only one one primary (SC -his first ever primary win no less) before the rest of the moderates bailed out ahead of Super Tuesday. I was truly worried about Team Biden's ability to run a nationwide campaign, since there was scant evidence in the primaries that he could get it done.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I imagine she hasn’t spent a night at the White House in months and may not spend another one.

maumann and Driftwood like this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Michael Cohen says Trump will go to MarALago for Christmas and never come back

OscarMadison, heyabbott and Driftwood like this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Screenshotted for when he inevitably reads a calendar.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.13.48 PM.png

TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My understanding is that Biden and McConnell have actually had a decent working relationship in the past. Of course, McConnell shows very little concern about anything other than maintaining power for himself and his party, but there is at least some history of dealing with each other productively in the past.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

“Now Joe, you know I vowed never to work with that negro and you were his subordinate. How can I work with you?”
    Of course, since Mitch is Old South he’d probably use the term nigra

jojoblack likes this.
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Note the red line. It represents the day on which everybody with a brain declared that Biden had surpassed 270 EV. The next trading day, a big increase occurred.

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 2.17.41 PM.png

garrow likes this.
  10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The term around here is "colored boy."

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

did he buy Elaine or rent with an option?

maumann likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have some well-meaning and slightly confused kids who heard the term colored when we went over Civil Rights protests. I had to have a few conversations about how referring to a Black person as "colored" was not something you should be in the habit of doing.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.