1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Well, they won me over. I liked that finish. She won by doing nothing, and gave Nia and Bayszler some comeuppance in the process. It's a little bit different way to tell an underdog story, which I appreciate.

I do think it's funny, though, that Nia's big story when they were trying to make her a babyface champion was that she was bullied as a kid and was fighting for the underdogs. Now she's an unabashed bully putting someone through a table every week. Consistency has never been a big part of wrestling storytelling, but some acknowledgment of that would be nice.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

This is WWE we're talking about. In the time it took me to read your post, Vince has probably already changed the storyline.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I’ve been distracted for 13 hours trying to figure out what I think a real live crowd would’ve chanted at the Godwins

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“We want pig slop!”

Clap, clap, clappity clap.

“We want pig slop!”

Clap, clap, clappity clap.

Took all of 13 seconds.

5. JimmyHoward33

Missed opportunity to have them walk by the Street Profits backstage.....

We want..... the slop!

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Would've been nice if the Godwinns had told Triple H, "Don't we know you from somewhere?"

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Tonight’s Raw: I get what they did with the Orton-Styles match because it advances a storyline. But I don’t get the Lashley-Lee ending. It weakens someone they’ve been building up for months. They painted themselves into a corner with that match. Should’ve put them both in the triple threat next week.

And why the hell is Matt Riddle suddenly just Riddle? Just slap an R on the end and have his start wearing a green unitard with question marks all over it. That decision was stupid.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Because VKM doesn’t want people googling Matt Riddle and coming across the allegations against him.

Baron Scicluna and JRoyal like this.
  9. JimmyHoward33

First names are for losers, pal.

They should’ve put someone besides Lashley in with Lee. They couldn’t have put Lee over without really making chumps out of hurt business.....as it it losing to new day 3 times makes them look pretty lame, toss in another L and all their monentum wooda been kaput

sgreenwell and JRoyal like this.
  10. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Exactly. They either had to kill the Hurt Business's momentum or take another chip out of Lee. They could've put Lashley against Sheamus or Riddle and Lee against the other and let them both win and then have them beat each other up so bad next week that Styles sneaks out with the win. You build a story there and still keep both guys hot. A dq for blatant interference makes Lashley look weaker, especially when the announcer (can't remember which one) says Lee clearly had him beat. It makes zero sense. They were building the Hurt Business as a major faction and Lashley as a monster, and now they drop two to New Day and Lashley loses to Lee. The next step should've been to put Lashley in the world title picture. These guys should be built as heels collecting gold by any means necessary, which is how they got popular in the first place, but it looks like they're going to sell them as underdogs chasing titles. Save that for the face coming at them.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

KO was awesome on NXT this week. Sad they can’t use him right on the main roster shows.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Every time I see Bianca Belair wrestle, especially when she starts doing some athletic moves that involve flips, I can't help but worry her hair will get caught on something or someone, somehow, and lead to a catastrophic injury.

sgreenwell, Baron Scicluna and JRoyal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted