1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Something that hasn't been discussed much is Powell stating that Georgia's governor and secretary of state both took bribes to rig the election. That's far more than "There was fraud." To make a public accusation like that, seems like you'd better produce a smoking gun or get ready for your day in court.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The "apparent president-elect," yet she claims that she was never directly or indirectly pressured by any executive branch official?

GTFOH.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She'd better lawyer up. Come 1/21/2021 she'll have some unpleasant questions to answer.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Unless this news cancels that, Emily Murphy is scheduled to talk with Katie Porter on Tuesday. The guess here is that Murphy will not be comfortable.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I liked this without even knowing what Skinemax is. It just read wrong.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How much traction will that accusation get on Hannity, Rush, Ingraham and Carlson? From now on you can’t discuss Dominion’s fraud without their accomplices, the Governor and SOS of Georgia.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That kind of accusation without proof can get you disbarred or at the very least sued for defamation and then disbarred.

8. Spartan Squad

How old are you that you never called Cinemax "Skinemax?"

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I just want to throw a pie in Giuliani's face. Like, that would be on my bucket list.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Moscow Mitch is starring in a commercial for Georgia Senators Chicken and Whore

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like her to be disbarred, making a statement like that is potential defamation grounds but not disbarment because it was a public statement not a representation in a formal courtroom or court papers. At least that's what I believe without looking it up.

12. Spartan Squad

Can I interest you in an Earful of Fist? /crossthread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.