1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandalorian running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 20, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That sounds fair to me. I'm not sure how others feel.

I do get that some people wait until the end of the season to watch, or perhaps they fall a few weeks behind. I have a co-worker who watches the show, but she is always at least a week or two behind. She was the one to tell me about this.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

This episode was okay. It's just as good as the first season. Whitefonted: I was excited to see Cara and Greef. Giancarlo Esposito was born to play bad guys. Kid looked too puppety in some scenes. Horatio Sanz acquitted himself well, there just wasn't much for him to do. I know. Whine, whine whine... Could I do better? Nope. I think the fact that this episode started racking up a body count got to me. The one master touch that earned a chef's kiss? That spit up at the end looked like someone has dealt with a real baby.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OK, before I watch the next episode …

I’ve thought for a while that the endgame of the series is that Din Djarin claims the Blacksaber and becomes the next Mandalore (ruler of all the Mandalorians). This obviously runs right into …
    … Bo-Katan saying she wants to be Mandalore — which she already had been. In fact, she was the Mandalore during the Great Purge, when Mandalore fell to the Empire again and Moff Gideon claimed the Darksaber as a personal trophy. Bo-Katan was named regent of Mandalore after working with Ahsoka Tano and the Old Republic to boot Darth Maul and his collection of petty criminals off of Mandalore and had been given the Darksaber … eh, it’s a long story. But, yeah … she wants the blade and the office back. I don’t see her as an ally for Djarin over the long term, unless she dies a heroic death and bestows the mantle of her endorsement upon him and … nope, this is epic space western TV and they both carry blasters. This only ends in pain.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That was good, and much more than I expected.

I thought that was going to be a throwaway episode. It wasn’t. Gideon isn’t some random Moff. He has to be First Order, and I’m pretty sure what we saw in that Imperial base on Nevarro is the roots of how the First Order came up with Snoke, who was bioengineered.

And I’m pretty sure that at the end of the episode, those black suits of armor were like the dark troopers from the Dark Forces game that was out 25 years ago.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

People like this suck. They compromise everyone else around them.
    A lot of the fun is talking about the show from week to week.

And for a non-purest, this show is a lot of fun.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My theory on spoilers in threads about a specific thing is this: too bad.
    If you put a spoiler about the Mandalorian in some random thread, yeah, that could be uncool.
    If an adult hasn't seen the most recent episode and doesn't want to risk spoilers, don't click on the thread about it.
    It's really simple if you think about it.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I just want to comment on the genius of Jon Favreau.

This is the second major franchise, and major isn’t a strong enough adjective, that he has reinvented, and in the reinventing, made it enjoyable to all.

You don’t need to watch any of the previous Star Wars movies to get hooked by this, but he is so delicately adding things so the hard core fans will be pleased.

Just wonderful.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I will qualify my previous post by saying don't post anything the day of, but by the next day, if you haven't watched the most recent episode of something, don't click on the link. If you do, you made a choice, and no one spoiled something for you.

OscarMadison and sgreenwell like this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I’m as, or more, spoiler phobic than anyone and I agree with this. If I haven’t seen an episode I don’t click on the thread until I do. If posted on a random thread, that’s not cool.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

“Mikey you’re the Big WINNER”
    “You’re so money you don’t even know it”

Been a fan of his for a while.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m old dude but Baby Yoda’s movements and sounds just kills me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Everybody in the Zoom room lost it when Din said he had some maintenance (?) housekeeping (?) to do after wiping down Kid. Any aunt, uncle, parent, or grandparent could identify with that.

qtlaw likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted