1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Republican Party officeholders, with a few honorable exceptions, has decided democracy has to go. They're traitors.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He looks great for 73. Clean living.

3. Michael_ Gee

His dad was distinguished-looking, too. Good genes.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There are enough who are won’t have to worry about reelection for 4-6 years and are abject cowards. They love the chaos and the distrust.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Fox & Friends really quit pleading Trump’s case this morning and focused more on the scariness of the Squad and the Biden administration

heyabbott likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Joe Biden just doesn't make a good villain. Obama did for obvious reasons. Hillary did. Even Democrats could see why Bill Clinton drove some people around the bend. But Uncle Joe? He's just not threatening.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

9. Neutral Corner

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Also, is it me, or does Romney hold absolutely no sway within the party? In fact, the only influence he really has is that he can be swing vote in some instances, but it doesn't seem he has the ability to get anyone to vote with him on anything.

Romney's a nice enough guy, but for someone with a high national profile, he seems pretty ineffectual. I may very well be wrong on this, as I haven't looked at his Senate record particularly closely, but that's the way it seems to me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Romney is a boneless chicken breast.

I would say Paul Gosar has more cachet in the GOP as presently constituted than Mitt, who still looks like the rich kid with the argyle scarf dashingly wrapped about the neck.

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

This is one helluva smart thread on the subject, worth a read. As I saw in a different retweet of this, "I didn't have smart, nuanced political thread from Edward Norton on my 2020 bingo card, but here we are".

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.