1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Considering she was pregnant when she wrestled Shayna at Mania in April seven-plus months ago, Becky has to be close to giving birth. I wonder if they'll give Murphy the rub Friday and have him and/or the Mysterios beat Seth to write him off for the next few months so he can tend to the missus.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

So Bruce and Conrad were arguing this week about the WWE getting guys over by beating them, and I’ve been thinking about this all day....

God damn if it didn’t work for McIntrye. I was WAY more into his match last night than I was into him vs Orton at Summerslam, him v Rollins and even Lesnar, and I’m way more excited for Sunday vs Roman than any of those.

Maybe its a credit to Roman or that great promo Friday or maybe these guys really are more over coming from underneath

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'm betting this. I wonder if they'd do the swerve, though, and have him cash in against Reigns instead of McIntyre.

Other option: Reigns wins with Jey Uso interference. They lay drew out in the ring, then Miz cashes in.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Does it make any sense for Reigns to drop the belt at this point, though? They're just scratching the surface of what feels like a long story arc, and it's a story where the Universal Championship is pretty important. I think Drew can drop the belt again on a cash-in, and then spend a couple of months chasing it, without being hurt nearly as much as Reigns would by losing it.
    Miz cashes in and wins the title Sunday, and they have a feud that culminates at the Royal Rumble. Drew gets the belt back there and heads into Wrestlemania as champ. Maybe Orton interferes on Sunday and we get one last Drew-Orton match at TLC, or a triple threat so Miz can get one defense in without Drew taking another loss.

JRoyal likes this.
  5. nietsroob17

Io vs. Rhea: my god. Just pump that into my veins.

Baron Scicluna and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

It doesn't make a ton of sense, but a lot of what Vince does doesn't make sense. I could see them have the Miz cash in and lose, though, either through them building up Reigns more or because of Jey's interference. Miz cashing in on Roman would probably not lead to the title changing hands.

7. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Roman should be on a reign of terror where he doesnt lose for a year, maybe two.

If McIntyres the mania main event then I could see a Miz cash in, McIntrye goes on to repeat at the Rumble and chooses Roman while Miz works underneath with whoever.

Maybe at some point Miz drops it to Orton and your two Mania title matches are Roman/ Drew and Edge/Orton

JRoyal and sgreenwell like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yep, Taker’s done.

Roman and Drew had a helluva match.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was stunned there wasn't a cash-in by Miz. It was set up perfectly for him to come down with the second referee, too. Have Miz's ref call for the bell on Drew, and then also be the ref for the MITB cash-in.

I do hope they go back to the little four-way feud they had going on a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if it was here or elsewhere where it was mentioned that it makes no sense why only one person at a time is chasing the title. They had it where three guys (Drew/Orton, Fiend and Miz) were chasing Drew/Orton with three different angles and motivations and it was an interesting dynamic. I'd like to see them carry that over into a PPV feud.

10. nietsroob17

LOL Lana. They're REALLY trying to make the WWE Universe like her, aren't they?

There were some good matches, but I'm surprised there was no real angle advancement. No cash-in, thought there might be more with Big E and New Day.

And again for those in the back, why do they not have Retribution causing trouble at PPVs, especially one of WWE's tentpole events? Dijakovic was one of the best workers in NXT, and now he's basically just a masked minion, and the fact that Mia Yim is just a glorified valet now is borderline criminal.

11. Baron Scicluna

I kept thinking that too. Drew was out cold, and although the cash-in rules are inconsistent, Miz could have run down easily and cashed it in.

I kinda understand why they didn’t, as they didn’t want Taker overshadowing anything.

12. Baron Scicluna

I would have rather she had confronted Nia when Nia was ready to put Bianca through the table and then cost both of them, but it is what it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted