1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 thread -- Coming straight on like a Mark Moseley field goal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hell, closer to home, he won't have to buy one in Watertown, Mass. again.

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

In 2010 I was watching a football game with my then 15 year old son. Mark Mosley was shown in some sort of clip. I told my son that Mosley was the best of the old fashioned straight on kickers. My son had no idea what a straight ahead kicker was. I had to get up and demonstrate the how the kick was performed. And I am old enough to remember the Gogolak brothers were considered flakes.

I wonder how long it will take the Australian punting style to take over American football.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Two.

One across the top of the eyes, the other across the top of the shoulder blades.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

You must know Armenians or are Armenian.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My favorite colleague was Armenian and he was my lead video editor when I was an EP so I spent literally hundreds of hours with him in an edit bay. He is an Iranian-born, Russian speaking Armenian from Glendale.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

We went to the Armenian church on Slauson and La Tijera in Inglewood. It originally was on West Adams in South Central, but moved and I know they hit up my grandmother for a ton of money for the new church. All I remember was the food was good, I didn't understand a word they were saying, and going to church on Sunday meant I couldn't play baseball.
    I know nothing about the Angels GM, Perry Minasian. None of the stories I've read say anything about his heritage. Except for his eyes, he looks Armenian.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don’t know much about Armenians but I do remember a line Al Pacino had in a movie once (Author! Author!, maybe?): “You can always tell an Armenian — their name rhymes with Armenian.”

britwrit and ChrisLong like this.
  8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I don't know much about Armenia but I did watch an Anthony Bourdain show on Armenia that really explained the country well, particularly the holocaust. I recommended it to a colleague who was part of the Armenian diaspora and she and her husband said it was very good.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Jake Scott, MVP of the undefeated Dolphins SB ,dies at 75

I read a story some yeaers ago that he lived on the last house at the end of the street in Hawaii farthest from the mainland, on purpose.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell the Seahawks to stop blowing their noses on their jerseys?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hey @MileHigh . I think the Hawks should have gone for 2 there.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting factoid: Wikipedia says he left Georgia after his sophomore season to head to the CFL and perhaps for reasons other than football.
    Jake Scott - Wikipedia

Draft saved Draft deleted