1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Same as it ever was.

On Nov. 18, 2015 I did not know where or what Mar-a-Lago was. I want that time sector back.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My first post was about a chryon, which IS a de facto headline. It was NOT about the reporting based on the chryon.

I do not expect the HEADLINE (or chryon, same thing) to say "Delusional flat-earthers to hold meeting" or "Flat-earthers to hold meeting on our spherical Earth."

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The fired official said the claims were baseless. This isn’t The Media injecting its bias. Try again.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Put the word in quotes, then. That's how you do things.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Very fine people on both sides, huh?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who is “We”?

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

"We" need to stop electing charlatans. Seems a very simple antiviral. And it will all go away ... like a miracle.

wicked likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OK, today Trump tweeted there were more votes cast in Detroit than there are eligible voters. This isn't "baseless," it's a flat out delusional lie disprovable by 30 seconds on Google (1.4 million registered voters in Wayne County, a little less than 900 K cast). Should that be called baseless in a chyron or simply lie, which it is.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This won't be such a shitshow of a coup attempt next time. Republicans I know are saying "Yeah, Trump lost, but it's good he's exposing all the massive holes in our election system."

Trump's efforts this time will fail. Next time, though someone will exploit the "bad election system" seeds planted now, and that candidate won't fail.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#thecouphasalreadyhappenedinthefuture

Fred siegle and Pilot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.