1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Troll, troll, troll your boat ...

SFIND and matt_garth like this.
  2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I live over here in London. Across the political spectrum, people are talking about mass vaccination starting in December.

The British really aren't the most optimistic lot. It feels weird to be saying for once, eh, maybe....

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The logistics of a rollout in the UK are so much easier than here, it’s ridiculous. There’s the NHS already in place, for one thing. The population is less than a fifth of the U.S. and shipments can be done in a day.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Google says that the geographic area of Britain is 93,628 square miles. The United State's is 3.797 million square miles.

5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I'd be beyond delighted if this were over by New Year's. (For one thing, I won't be trapped in my dumpy little flat.)

So, yes, I'd love to be wrong.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is great news.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Moderna is saying they have enough cases to look at the data and release interim results on their vaccine. We should be hearing something from them very soon.

RickStain and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's a layman's work, of course, but I've crunched numbers.
    Cases per 100K in the past 7 days:
    States that adopted mask requirements on or before June 30: 195.2
    States that waited until July 1 or later or still haven't adopted mask requirements: 316

SFIND likes this.
  9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why McConnell and the Trumpist klan don't want to do this or any other relief package -- particularly those with checks to every household. Wouldn't that have been a political winner?

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Couldn't get it past the hard-right types in their caucus who equate any government distribution of funds to welfare and thus dependency.

To get to @Neutral Corner's question, I suspect it's a function of the above belief inversely. Too many business owners don't want to be dependent upon government largesse for their livelihood.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted