1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Actually, I think this was in fact faked...looks like someone put altered Trump audio from a press conference into the Fox News clip.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

John Barron rides again

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

See, the Four Seasons thing was hilarious. The Trump posing as a fake poll worker thing is just scary, because that's the level of mental illness we're willing to indulge.

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This one I can't figure out. I've seen people who are apolitical or non-political announce they're jumping ship from Facebook to Parler the way newbies announce they're applying for an opening over on the jobs board, complaining about censorship. I'm sure that it's happening right after Biden was declared the winner is a coincidence.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Oh god I hope so

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Brain scan

7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I wonder how long they'll last. The laissez-faire approach to social media management let all kinds of FUD and conspiracy theories run rampant on Facebook and Twitter, including the Plandemic and the fake Dr. Immanuel COVID cure. I can imagine pretty easily that Parler will probably top those before long...either they get sick of Qanon BS and leave in short order, or they get indoctrinated into the cult.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed. Facebook has it's faults, no doubt. But the forum is largely what the user chooses to make it. Blocked/unfriended a lot of folks there because they were too far off the deep end for Trump, others I don't engage and mostly try to have fun with it.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I have a Facebook friend adamant Trump will be declared winner and “probably” of all 50 states. Someone I occasionally check in on on Twitter says it was prophesied that Trump would be elected to a second term but only after the election was initially called incorrectly. God wills Trump’s victory and thus it will happen. You’d be a fool to disagree because it’s already been decided.

What do you even do with people like that?

Obviously these are crazy people, but I’m not having to dive to the bottom of 4chan to find them. They’re real people in the real world and they aren’t alone. You will literally never win them over with NYT articles or WaPo evidence or any fact checking source. It’s like they have a brain disease, and it’s spreading.

I don’t know what to do or what’s going to happen.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think that we're more than a week out without a violent incident (singular, lone wolf, organized, whatever) is a good thing. (Knock wood). But there is a lot of posturing from Trumpers. That Biden isn't even paying them attention and going about his business dealing with COVID rather than demanding fealty and raging about the disrespect and borderline treason by US officials is a credit to him (I don't know if HRC would have handled it as well).

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.