1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My ongoing research seems to point to the opposite, that you have your head so far up the wrong end of your anatomy that you don't realize that he is still the president. I imagine the view from the inside of your colon is not pleasant. You may want to pull out of there at some point and realize that refusing to use the man's title doesn't do a damn thing.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

but if he kills all the golfers they'll lock him up and throw away the key

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this point @Alma ...the problem is that Republicans used that power to ratchet the Overton Window to the right every time they've acquired it, and then every time they've lost it (like the "thumpins" of 2006 and 2008), they doubled down, bided their time, and waited an election cycle or two to get it back. So, yes, it will be (and feel) good to undo some of their mismanagement of government for a change, but OTOH I don't expect them to have an epiphany if they're sent to the wilderness (do you?). My guess is they double down again, because it's what they've always done, and hope/wait for their chance to resume their draconian policies. All to say, if the Democrats win, they should absolutely press forward with righting what the Republicans set wrong, and not feel at all badly about doing so.

2muchcoffeeman, Alma and heyabbott like this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

One of the questions during her confirmation hearing was about who does the damn laundry in her house. They’re a joke.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yes. And neuter. Feminine usually end in "a" or "ь", neuter in "o".

Don't ask why мужчина (man) declines like a feminine noun. :eek:

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Typical “Drumpf”!

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Because it confers a respect he has not earned.

This ass-whooping will have been the first thing he ever has earned, however.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Win or lose, first thing trump does on Wednesday is issue an executive order declaring Winter Rules 12 months a year

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don’t particularly care one way or the other about you or what you do. If the statement fits, so be it.

rump can wear the racist label proudly: dumping kids, babies. That is Christianity at its most Christian.
    U.S. border authorities have been expelling migrant children from other countries into Mexico, violating a diplomatic agreement with Mexico and testing the limits of immigration and child welfare laws.

The expulsions, laid out in a sharply critical internal email from a senior Border Patrol official, have taken place under an aggressive border closure policy the Trump administration has said is necessary to prevent the coronavirus from spreading into the United States. But they conflict with the terms upon which the Mexican government agreed to help implement the order, which were that only Mexican children and others who had adult supervision could be pushed back into Mexico after attempting to cross the border.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  11. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

The city of El Paso says the Trump campaign still hasn't paid $569,000 for a 2019 rally there.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Not here!

Sorry ... You may return to your regularly scheduled pissing match.

heyabbott likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.