1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This may have been posted before but I don't care because it gets my vote for best ad of the election.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The one reasonable Murdoch took off and Lachlan is supposed to be as bad or worse than his dad.

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Which part of his story makes sense? The part where he needs documents sent across the country to interview someone who would have access to the same documents? The part where he sends his only copies across the country without making backups? The part where he says he does have pictures of the documents, thus making the whole story pointless? Or the part where he has these pictures and could show us the documents but tells this story instead?

lakefront and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's a fake story. Fox news debunked it, the Wall Street Journal debunked its own columnist Carlson had nothing, Bobulinsku is a liar and so now Carlson is trying to cover his own ass.

garrow, HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You can lean one of two ways with Trump, IMO. A lot of his critics try to lean both ways at once, but they're contradictory directions, so it's kind of hard.

The first way you can lean is that he's a blowhard who blathers on - in a dangerous, deeply unhelpful, blowhard-y way - about this and that, puffing himself up, erecting cartoon villains, tweeting while he's in the shitter whatever emotional urge comes off his hip. That Trump is, in many ways, a deeply unserious man who only knows what he's doing part of the time, has the attention span of a gnat and really can't gauge how ludicrous his behavior is and how much it damages the discourse of our times. He is, in the Biblical sense, a fool, a scoffer, a person whose tongue can start fires. I lean this way.

The second way you can lean is to think Trump, a seeming libertine all his life who talks out of both sides of his mouth, has nevertheless hidden a fascistic, mastermind-y, calculated and cunning persona that intentionally does this as a one-man distortion field as a means to ends that aren’t clear, but invariably far-reaching and toward world domination. I do not lean this way.

there are people who lean both ways depending on the day and hour. To them Trump is both an idiot and plotting things well beyond the usual imagination of most Trump haters who only see him as a disorganized fool.

Jerry-atric and heyabbott like this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I didn’t say it made sense. I’m asking what think really happened. So? What really happened?

9. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Occam's razor would say none of it. He told a story full of holes and produced no evidence to confirm any of it.

EDIT: He claims to have tracking details, even gave a specific time of arrival at a facility. Perhaps that's real and he can produce the tracking details. But he didn't.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Settle down on the “die” garbage. Most of the sports writers and overall staff there in no way agree with the political nonsense of Murdoch, Allen and the trumpers. Who is in a position to quit a journalism job in protest? Rent, mortgages, familes and food on the table at stake.

I’m glad my checks don’t come from Rupert. But I would not be in the financial position to quit if I worked there despite how much despise trump. Guess I’d have to die for that by your standard.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As much as I may hate to admit it, this is a pretty good summation of the man, IMO.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Nothing.

Nothing happened.

It's theater. It's a television show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.