1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Liquid TV was top-shelf stony material that helped me come down from the rush of midnight deadline.

My crush on Aeon Flux is eternal. Also loved Thomas and Nardo because it was so fucking absurd.

Guess I forgot that Biden played in Aeon Flux too ...

[​IMG]

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Songbird-
    Fuck, a bag of Cheetos and Liquid, what more do you need to take a quick space journey.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I'd be lying if I said my first TV crush wasn't Dolly Parton.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I remember enjoying a show called "The Head," about this guy who had an alien living in his now-giant head. He ran around with a crew of other oddball folks having adventures.
    I don't remember much about the actual show, but there was a blind Asian guy who was sort of a martial arts guru. He had a line where he said in a wise, soft voice, "That was dumb."
    That line often plays in my head as I circulate around the Internet and various message boards.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Were they hobo-sexuals?

swingline, PCLoadLetter and HC like this.
  6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

"Musing and pontificating and joking" is an interesting way of framing what Trump has been doing. I'd lean more toward "intentionally sowing chaos and eliminating any chance of avoiding the worst possible outcome." If the media and Twitter tell you that things are much better now that the President is not doing that, would you disagree with them?

gingerbread and wicked like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So I'm curious what the theory is here.

That Tucker Carlson never had any documents and made up this story?

That he did, and he realized they weren't real, and made this story?

That he had someone steal the documents because they weren't real and then made up this story?

Had he spent weeks talking about these documents? I don't watch the show, but I am curious what the implication is here. Obviously, that Carlson is a horrible person, of course. But to make up this story, there needed to have been an incentive to do so, since, clearly, if he made it up, he'll never work in the business again. So what could have been worth the risk?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tucker lied.

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He made it all up. Just because.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Awaiting Clay Trumpist's approval in three, two, one, ...
    It's OK, you see, because Jack is not advocating for a "political" organization like Black Lives Matter. So goes the Gospel According to Dabo, for example.

gingerbread and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I would like to see a reasonable Murdoch take over after Rupert's death and purge Brando for good. The guy's an apologist for a host of ills.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea what the theory is, but I'd be willing to bet that Tucker Carlson's package has never gotten this much attention before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.