1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

True for most things. Carefully not glowering a a former preps beat guy I worked with here.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

More conservative politicians should be like this guy.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

StarSis reports my niece appears to be over the worst of it. Her temperature spiked at 103 at one point and she had the nearly nonstop cough. The cough has eased off and she's down to 99.8.

The dorm officials say her in-dorm quarantine will probably be off by midweek.

Thanks to all with good wishes. She's 19, strong, athletic, normally super healthy, but you gotta worry.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Premier of Manitoba impolitely telling sick people to stay home.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, he has been in North Carolina numerous times since he encouraged voters to do so twice ...

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bad news for Trumpists. She's among the people they've been trying to kill these past several months.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't think they're trying to kill her. They just don't care if she dies.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This is it.

First, there is no "they." There is Donald Trump, and a bunch of yes people who contort themselves to follow his lead.

And all Donald Trump cares about is. ... Donald Trump. Or put more accurately, he is incapable of thinking through a situation and figuring out what really benefits himself in the big picture. So really, all he cares about is whatever impetuous calculation he has made in his head at any given moment. Which is why he screws up so many things and shoots himself in the foot so much.

He stupidly made the virus into a binary choice, which in his mind became 1) a shut down or 2) the economy. No common-sense calculation that economically people were going to take an economic hit regardless, so the best response was to try to mitigate the virus to minimize the economic fallout as much as possible (and this is putting aside the likely human / death toll).

He has since doubled down on that stupid (and unnecessary) binary choice every step of the way, and as Donald Trump does, every day is a lie-fest and a lot of BS and him trying to obscure what people can see with their own eyes with false narratives.

In none of this, does caring about the people who are dying and their love ones, factor in. He's a shitty person.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. I stand amended.

Draft saved Draft deleted