1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indeed, it's very Eastern Bloc.

Had a fling with a Hungarian many moons ago and if we didn't talk within a day or whatever her first thought was "I thought you were dead."

It was always that ... dead. Not with another chick, or out with the fellas, or en dalliance ... but dead. So fatalistic.

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The more I think about the Wisconsin decision about postmarks, the more I see it as a non issue.
    USPS hi-jinx aside, if you received an absentee/mail in ballot and wait until next Tuesday to drop it in the box, that's your own fault.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

*Oh, it's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.*

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

TigerVols likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Songbird-
    My people were Austrian, same deal.

Hungary can always say it never rolled over for the Red Army.

I find liberal defeatism as unbecoming as anything the Republicans do in Congress.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don’t think you’re the only one who’s tired of it. Hardly. So we’ll get what we get and see how happy everybody is after it.

I’d hope Republicans adhered to standards, too, to be honest. I don’t expect it. I don’t expect it from the Democrats either.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sounds right. There’s a religious zeal to the Democratic Party at this point.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’m sorry you don’t want Democrats to govern if they win.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It’s like they all saw Cersei Lannister and said, “Yes, there’s my role model!”

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And the dire warnings of Antifa and BLM invading the suburbs just haven't happened. They're still frisky in Portland and Seattle, but really nothing else.

garrow, tapintoamerica and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

trump-praying-oval-gty-jt-191212_hpMain_2_16x9_1600.jpg

garrow, TowelWaver and swingline like this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I don't doubt there is some part of WokeTwitter that really doesn't want to win, just so it can continue being seen doing the righteous thing.

Like I suspect some Red Sox fans had more fun with navel-gazing (and the persecution complex that so often occasions it) rather than winning three titles in 10 years.

wicked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.