1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Can’t rush greatness.

Pilot likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If Florida and N.C. both go to Biden Trump is toast, and both have vote counting mechanisms in place that may allow them to report before midnight, especially if it's a blue wave election.

3. Neutral Corner

If Biden gets over 300 EC votes Tucker Carlson will disappear on a "previously scheduled" vacation for a week or ten days.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

A major factor is that Florida is able to legally count mail in and absentee votes as they come in. They don't have to wait until election day to start counting as many other states do.

Webster and maumann like this.
  5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I want to think it'd be a horrible night for Tuck and Sean, but realistically there'd be nothing better for business than an embarrassing Trump defeat. They'll be dancing in the streets at the thought of 2 or 4 or 6 years of a Democratic administration. They had to spend 2 of the last 4 years acting like Democrats were ruining everything when the GOP controlled every branch of government. That's work. Finding shit to bitch about when Dems control all three? Life will never have been so good.

It's not like they'll need to answer to their years of trolling. They'll keep preaching to the same angry old white people.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Agreed. This explains why -- as several pundits have said -- that Florida is well positioned to declare a winner on Tuesday night. But I think you suggested that Biden has effectively won Florida. My apologies if I misread. I hope you're right.

maumann likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, all I meant was Biden COULD win Florida and would thus be seen as the eventual winner of the election even if other counts were slow.

maumann and tapintoamerica like this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Florida counts its early ballots as they are cast rather than putting them into a vault until Election Day.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

And I was suggesting that IF it were called that Biden won both Florida and NC it would pretty well seal a Biden win no matter what other races were not called.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They won't have Biden on speed dial for 12:30 am phone calls. I suspect the real ego trip for them was knowing that whatever bullshit they came up with and put on the air was going to be parroted for weeks by the president. They have been (not so) shadow advisors with 100 times more sway than the actual advisors, and they have had full access to the president of the United States for 4 years. Being the opposition clowns again is not going to compare to that.

Pilot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.