1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Logistically, would that ever be possible? The Capitol and the House Office Buildings would have to be remodeled or rebuilt entirely.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha.

maumann likes this.
  3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

getting Clarence fucking Thomas to swear her in instead of the Chief Justice doing it as tradition is like the world’s biggest tell that Barrett is going to be a conservative troll.

John Roberts either goes along with the insanity so he can continue to function as chief or, if not, the nominal role goes to either Thomas or Alito. Or, more likely, both.

This is like watching a real time coup at the SCOTUS and is absolutely for sure not what Roberts wanted as his historical legacy, which is actually super fucking hilarious.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'd say it'd be funny if Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity got it and had to miss covering election night, but:

A. They'd surely cover it anyway, no masks, no distance, tongue in intern

B. There's more justice in making them sit there and eat shit if Trump loses than there is nailing them with Covid.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Trump may indeed lose, but the chances that that loss can be reported on election night are about as high as Mitch McConnell voting for Biden.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The name John Roberts will go down in history lockstep with McConnell, Trump, etc. No, he isn't directly responsible for the ills they have fostered on this country, but he has certainly enabled.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Stephanie Miller has been calling Barrett "Frizzy McBabyvoice."

maumann likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is possible that while Biden is not quite at 270 electoral votes in states declared by AP, he's won Florida and that makes it obvious he's gonna be the winner.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

MSNBC reported earlier that Pence was planning on going to the vote tonight for his sack dance, and bringing the plague with him.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

How do we know he has won Florida?

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Florida, which as we know always has close elections, counts its votes very quickly. Was declared for Trump in 2016 at like 9:30-10 o'clock.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised to know before I go to bed.

Aren't we expecting Florida to have results election night (barring a 2000 disaster)? If Florida (and Michigan) goes Biden, it's basically time to serve up a shit sandwich. Biden would need any other swing state and he's good.

EDIT: I see I took too long crafting this poetry and others beat me to the Florida punch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.