1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Generic QB number, generic thread title, generic team name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not to make any unfounded aspersions, but it reminded me of watching Ben Johnson run back in the day - never seen anything like it. Bolt has the same stride. And while I'm on the topic - do NFL teams really give a crud if a player uses a little something else to boost their performance?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I figured I'd get slammed for my post from a few weeks ago asking if Cam would make more than Dak next year. Not confusing a passer rating of 119.5 to 74.3.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Teams, writers and fans don't give a shit. I think Chuck Klosterman kind of got at why in an essay from 2007.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I would have named this the NFL Week 7: Guido Merkens thread

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Someone missed the obvious - NFL Week 7 - the Kneel Down thread

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What am I missing? Guido Merkens wore 29, 12, 26, and 19 in his NFL career.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just as sports followers of the future will look back in the '90s (already are) and say "who the fuck ever thought black and purple was a good uniform color combination" they will look back on this era and ask "why the fuck did stadium architects design their exteriors to look like abandoned aircraft hangars?" Based on tonight's game and the World Series.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. Not until Week 19. Try Morten Andersen.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

FWIW, Metcalf did run track in high school for a powerhouse program. He was sub-15 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's just a beast. What fun to watch him, like Gronk, although like Gronk I don't see a long life. Physical freakdom breeds gang tackling, which always wins in the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted