1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They won't have the cover of a president who is telling them to act irresponsibly. Also, President Trump has encouraged that behavior up to this point. I sometimes question your intellect, but you aren't as stupid as you seem in that post. Please stop posting like an idiot.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They'll have the nerve of Biden telling them to act the opposite way. That will make them even more steadfast in their resistance.

Opposing the other guy in power is ALWAYS a more powerful elixer than defending your own guy.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It’s a pretty well- known fact that the U.S. postal service was not in existence at the time when God wrote the King James Bible.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I love Covid Beans. Do U?

TowelWaver, Gutter, Webster and 2 others like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

So the obvious headline if trump loses on Election Day is
    YOU'RE FIRED

Under /over at 10 daily newspapers?

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

An elixir is a cure, not a motivator. It is not a good sign that you spelled it and used it incorrectly. It is also not a good sign that you continue to find ridiculous excuses to defend Trump and his supporters.

Part of the point is to judge President Trump's fitness or lack thereof based on the results of his actions. President Trump played a very large role in creating that resistance. All he had to do was tell people to wear masks and that they should take COVID seriously. Maybe we will do better as a nation with a rational human being in charge. Maybe we won't. I like our chances much better if we get rid of the guy who keeps making things worse. Why don't you understand that concept?

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ten days. Let the fumigation begin. This is my Super Bowl.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The only reason Repubs oppose vote-by-mail is because it’s easier for all voters to vote. This year, that favors Democrats. Conventional wisdom is that Pubes will turn out in a hurricane to vote.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The only one you can count on is the Daily News. No way the NYPost will run that headline. If there are definitive headlines the day after. Im curious if news orgs have a plan for Trump being re-elected.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Good grief, I can be thick. And yes, I absolutely agree with you. This is partially why it falls on us to help young'uns any way we can. After all, we've got the wrinklier brains and perspective.

Hey, we made this mess. We owe them.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use that hammerhed because it's going to be used in about 10,000 other places.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.