1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Assuming the Secret Service has as much concern for Trump out of office as Trump had for them when he exposed them to Covid*

Russia, Brazil or China might be his best bets. The first two to get protection from their leaders and the last one because of his business ties.

*I say this with tongue firmly in cheek. The Secret Service, I presume, are far more professional and far less petty than I might be.

maumann likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Right wing extremists / false flag / this is my shocked face, etc.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wonder what the Secret Service detail is truly like for former POTUSs. I think Clinton signed a deal that caps it at 10 years, but I wonder if it's one guy, six guys, or what.
    I'd almost bet Trump will dismiss them for private security because Secret Service will obey the law and not him when he gets his feelings hurt.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let's see Biden win the damn thing first.

Sure, I'd like to see President Trump and his minions pay for their crimes, but that doesn't really affect my life. That is why what really matters to me is just getting that corrupt, amoral, dangerously stupid, lying jackass out of the White House.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Biden made a couple of mistake, being unclear about the minimum wage stuff and his ending comment about the oil industry. He should have stayed away from anything that would open him up to negativity and with just a few seconds left in the debate, he should have dodged that. He also missed jumping into a couple of openings, such as -- who built the cages vs. who put the kids in the cages. That would have shut Trump up.

It was interesting that Joe started to get pissed off. You could see his eyes narrow and he started to snarl. He was losing it, even started stuttering, but he pulled it together and finished strong.

Trump says what he wants, doesn't listen to the questions. He knows what he wants to say and says it regardless of the question. His little snide remarks after he seemed to be finished with an answer were irritating and definitely not helpful. Just added to his asshole factor.

Why do interviewers continually let him get away with his diatribe that we have more Covid cases because we test more. He's been saying that for months and is never challenged. The virus is there whether you test or not. Knowing about it would be more helpful than not knowing. Why doesn't anybody ask him if a pregnant woman doesn't take a pregnancy test, is she not pregnant?

The capper was the final question about, if he wins, what would he say during his inauguration speech to the people who didn't vote for him. His answer was to continue to attack Biden. That is hardly an inauguration speech. Clueless.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's a strange culture. I grew up in Georgia, one state over, and there are radical differences. Lots of really nice people, and it's a beautiful place. It's also a bible-thumping, ass-backward, "You cain't tell me whut to do" kinda place. I married a girl from Birmingham, and that's why I wound up living here. Lots of good and bad about it.

I sometimes wonder what it's like to live somewhere with an efficient and responsive state government, a top five kinda place, instead of bottom three. Georgia, Texas, and Alabama... they're not that.

7. Neutral Corner

My guess is that there are already sealed indictments sitting in a drawer somewhere.

maumann likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s comical.

9. Neutral Corner

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's classic Trump there. Biden outlines his plans, Trump attacks them, or him, but does not announce what he'd do. Outside of the ring, he promises something will be announced in two weeks, like he recently did with health care, but nothing is announced. Time and time again. And do I really need to mention Infrastructure Week?

garrow likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Slovenia is part of former Yugoslavia, not one of the former 15 USSR republics.

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Biden did so you don’t have to

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.