1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Post a Song you are listening to now...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fun little video. She really gets cranked up at about 2:00 and then she's all in. It's pretty much exactly what you expect, only better.

maumann likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

She covers my favorite Christmas song as well.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

Though I actually think the Korn vesion is better.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  7. maumann

In the middle of a late '70s jam this afternoon ... holy crap, forgotten how good this is.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

After Jerry Jeff died I was doing some Youtube diving and I ran up on an old favorite. This is a clip from a documentary called "Heartworn Highways", about the outlaw country scene in Nashville in 1975. Guy Clark, Townes Van Zandt, David Allen Coe, very young Rodney Crowell and Steve Earle, Charlie Daniels, and more way back in the day.

This clip was shot in Guy and Susanna Clark's kitchen on Christmas Eve. A bunch of people sitting around a table with a jug of red wine, some beer, a couple of packs of Marlboros playing music.

Machine Head likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Late October, California 2020

maumann likes this.
  10. maumann

I love a world where there's a Venn diagram that includes the Electric Light Orchestra, Tom Petty and the Bangles.

Three chords. Tom Petty riffing the words while Jeff Lynne eggs him on. And it's a massive hit.

11. DanOregon

The American premiere of the Rocky Horror Show was produced by Lou Adler (the guy who sat next to Nicholson at Lakers games) and included a young lighting apprentice named Al Franken. The success of the LA show led to the movie. Among those playing in the "orchestra" for the show were eventual mega-producers Danny Kortchmar and David Foster.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Picturing the pure instrumental talent of ELO, Jeff Lynne's arrangements and a little Tom Petty edge. That band wouldn't back down to anyone. Or turn to stone. Would we all see the blue sky? Strange magic ...

Draft saved Draft deleted