1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Generic QB number, generic thread title, generic team name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He might not be coaching them next month.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Mahomes went to Oklahoma for a few road games.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

He'd damn well better be. I'm not watching this shit show for the #4 pick in the draft.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Sonny Jurgensen went to Duke.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Same difference football factory-wise, but I have always thought it was Wake. Memory's a bitch.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That he and Greggggg Williams actually got on the plane back to NY on Sunday must mean that they are keeping the coaching staff around to get the number one pick.

If Gase and Greggggg aren't shitcanned four seconds after the #1 pick is secured, then ownership is grossly incompetent.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I do think overwhelming talent propped up Sanchez and Leinart. Marinovich was sabotaged by his own issues. Palmer was great until he got hurt.

I don't think Darnold had nearly as much around him as Sanchez and Leinart did.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jets ownership is grossly incompetent, but I think even he can figure this one out.

9. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

He's there til the end of the year

10. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

As one of the few public Jets fans on the board, I think Darnold is perfectly fine. The only thing I can blame him for is Gase being the coach because he fell for his sales pitch. But even then I could see Gase mentioning Peyton Manning a lot and I'm sure Darnold idolized Manning and...it is what it is...Of course I can blame shitty ownership for letting a 22-year-old pick their fucking head coach.

All that being said, they should absolutely shop the No. 1 pick and see if there is someone willing to pull a Ditka and trade their entire 2021 Draft + some for the pick. The Jets can't go lower than a slot to pick Ja'Marr Chase though. I feel like the Cowboys might be 4-12 and this could work out.

The downside with this is that the decision on Darnold's 5th-year option is coming up. So they are going to have to have a better QB contingency plan in place than Joe Flacco in case Darnold is still injury prone, etc.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

IIRC, Leinart also had some self-destructive tendencies. Didn't he gain a reputation as a party guy?

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He also had something of a noodle arm.

Draft saved Draft deleted