1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Reminder: Momentum isn't real

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Listened to Hunter Pence on a podcast recently and he said that to be careful, likely Houston want the only team doing it, (he wasn’t accusing anyone just that it was likely) so I tempered my disgust. I also was pulling a bit for Dusty who can’t catch a break. But yeah happy for Tampa, a true group of baseball players.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I googled Arozarena
    He’s the guy they got from the Cardinals for Matthew Liberatore
    Tampa always has made ballsy deals

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Would have enjoyed seeing Manfred hand the Stros the trophy.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Against Atlanta, the Dodgers have got key hits against the Fresh Prince (Will Smith), Jethro Tull (Ian Anderson) and Coldplay (Chris Martin).

I Should Coco and maumann like this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I hate that I now need to root for the Rays to save me.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Go Dodgers.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Fun Game 7. The Dodgers just grind every at-bat until they get a pitch they can hammer. Betts taketh away and Bellinger delivers.

The Braves have no one else to blame for that massive baserunning boondoggle with a one-run lead. Two runners in scoring position and no outs. There's not a Little League coach in the world who hasn't drilled into a 12-year-old's head that you don't break for the plate in that instance until the ball gets through the infield. Instead, they run themselves into a double play instead of a possible big inning.

I've been "old man yeling at clouds" about the lack of basic fundamental baseball taught by the Tigers' system for decades. Even tougher to watch a good team screw that up so badly.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Couldn't make it until the end of the game, but I had the feeling that was going to come back to bite them big time. It was just mind numbingly dumb baserunning.

maumann likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Exactly. Couple that with Ozuna’s gaff the prior game 3-0 is so different than 2-0, and you start to wonder what fundamentals do they follow? I hate to say this but isn’t Ron Washington the 3B ATL coach? I love that guy. Damn it makes him look awful.

maumann likes this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I thought about the lack of fundamentals all season. Did they not have enough time in spring training and summer camp to work on them? Hell, they should know them all ready. One practice to reaffirm. First time I saw a team need 4 throws on a rundown and end up with the pitcher chasing the runner toward home, I shook my head.

maumann likes this.
  12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fundamentally sound Dodgers also had a dude thrown out at home on a grounder with the infield in. And it wasn't close.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted