1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Within weeks of the gathering that drew nearly half a million bikers, the Dakotas, along with Wyoming, Minnesota and Montana, were leading the nation in new coronavirus infections per capita.

The deplorable super spreads lack values and humanity. Selfish is not freedom. Selfish is a sin.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

But but ... how could they get sick? They all had their freedom pants on!

tapintoamerica likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah. Me too. But I was able to kick my ass more when my crew of regulars were there pushing me to be better than I was the previous week.

Cosmo likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

On a weirdly lighter note...

This is why I subscribe to the Times. Despite Homecoming being cancelled at many historically Black colleges, Brunch Survives.

H.B.C.U. Homecomings Are Canceled, but Students and Alumni Will Feast Anyway

maumann likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

bUt NeW yOrK aNd ItAlY aNd FrAnCe HaD cAsEs StAy LoW bEcAuSe Of HeArD iMmUnItY

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think I just had a little seizure trying to read that.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

the phrase “herd immunity” has become so politicized that it’s not even worth using anymore.

New York and Italy reached endemic equilibrium with their restricted behavior at their infection levels.

Reaching 20-25% infection does seem to have a strong effect on reducing further spread.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was mocking a certain poster's assertion from a while ago that all we need is to do if let the disease go, consequences be damned.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted