1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

all it means is that biden would be really tough on china

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

3. gingerbread

Yep, exactly what I was referencing here a few days ago when I wondered if NY Post careers would be hurt by this. There are still decent people in that news room who were appalled by how and why this story was being pushed through. And others -- powerful editors especially, who won't lose their jobs in the Murdoch food chain -- who were beyond gleeful Rudy came to them.
    Many of these higher-ups aren't Americans, which is a whole other angle. (I've worked overseas and applaud any journalist who can get a job anywhere, but what happens if a media organization covering politics and this crucial election is made up of journalists who won't be living here in, say, six months or a year? Hey, I should pitch this story :D)

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The New York Post -- management who let go a staffer in the middle of her cancer treatments.

The entirety can rot in hell, good people and all.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Understanding that this is all a little hokey — decency would be nice for a change.

6. gingerbread

I am so ready for a world where I don't feel compelled to check political tweets daily/hourly, and where I can look at this thread maybe once a week and feel as if I'm well-versed in national and even some local politics.
    Yeah, nobody's forcing me to do either -- it's my own concern that a country I love is no longer that place -- but I really do want to just #sticktosports for a long while.
    So yep, bring on decency and all the hokey.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's pretty straightforward. If any paper I worked at had put my byline on a story without my knowledge I'd have quit immediately and so would have you, Gingerbread.

2muchcoffeeman and gingerbread like this.
  9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Win-win for trump. “How could you expect him to do well? He had no prep.” Or, “look, he didn’t shit all over himself and he was able to pretend he knew some stuff, and he had no prep!”

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I’ll open my $300 bottle of bourbon to have a toast with y’all if this fucker is no longer POTUS.

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Chuck Todd said Meet The Press asked for doctors and all they got was Alex Azar

gingerbread likes this.
  12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I wish I could remember the details, but I don't:
    Back in my days of rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, I had covered some (randomly-insignificant I'm sure) story that news wanted to pick up. Our editor was well known for re-writing people's copy with how he thought things should be; never mind the fact he wasn't actually at the event. He did it with whatever this was about. I stormed into his office, picked up a chair, and shook it at him. I was beyond livid because about the only part of the story that made it to print that I actually wrote was my name. I didn't threaten to quit; I didn't threaten him; I did make it clear that if that ever happened again, whatever, just take my name off it because that wasn't my writing.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.