1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

But soshilizm!

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Michael, why has Mark Burnett not spoken up then? His brand and reputation have been crushed. Sure he has money, but you can't put a price on respect.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I hid in a closet with Mooshi Patella, our department skeleton. Of course, Kellyanne got it wrong. The Bowling Green Massacre occurred one Fall semester when we pissed off one of the archaeologists and the next test we had to take consisted of writing out from memory the dental arcades of every protohominid known at that time. We finished and then went en masse to the nearest Taco Bell and cried.

I am sorry. It is compensation because so many there default to the idea that everyone else is looking down on them. (I think this is true of a lot of red states.)
    BTW, Horwitz's "Confederates in the Attic" is brilliant. Even though it's 22 years old, not very much has changed. For those who aren't familiar with it: Confederates in the Attic - Tony Horwitz

Dear God, I love that man.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I went to a dine-in theater a few years ago, the seats hadn't been cleaned of the previous night's dinner. I needed a wipe the size of a bedsheet before sitting in those gross recliners again.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Burnett wants to play the Good Christian card and he doesn't want to lose his base.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yeah, we can't be confident or anything.
    No can do.
    No no no.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I trust that pollster yet - 538 doesn't have a grade on them, which usually means they're a newer outlet. But the other polls they added today - One has Biden +2. The other 10 have Biden up nationally from between 8 and 14 points. They're national polls, which is obviously of less value than individual state polls, but Trump is trending in the wrong direction here.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mark Burnett is a Trumpist. Pretty simple, really. He shuts up because he believes what Trump believes. He also doesn't need to create a single new show to stay absurdly rich. He's not a potential competitor to others in his business the way a new network would be for Fox News.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

My apologies because I was off this board for awhile at one point, but whatever happened to YankeeFan and Old Tony?

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.