1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

2. nietsroob17

I'd like to thank the 'rona for sparing us of Retribution and Raw Underground tonight.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, now we know what Retribution has been up to.

4. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Wait theres a wrestler turned mayor besides Kane?!?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Holy fuck Schotzi. The head is not meant to be jammed into the ring apron.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. JimmyHoward33

Jey Uso vs Roman Reigns as a one off storytelling device is kind of cool. Theres no way this should be a repeat two ppv arc.

JRoyal likes this.
  7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Jey Uso getting a singles win over Styles without getting a real singles push is ridiculous too. Styles should be a top guy and shouldn’t be dropping matches to Uso. He can help make him look great without taking a loss.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

Absurd. Have to guess AJ’s getting drafted back to Raw after that

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Assuming you want to give Uso a singles boost, who's the right guy to do the job—high enough that it matters, but not too high? Cesaro?

10. JimmyHoward33

im not sure there is anyone. sheamus and corbin have been bastardized to the point that wins over them don’t matter. Same for Miz and Morrison.

No ones gonna buy Jey Uso as a singles. Its very clearly an angle to advance Roman that ends with both brothers as his henchmen. The continued build and second ppv makes no sense. Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll rocket him to the moon, in which case that’s a good solid win, but I don’t see it.

11. nietsroob17

So they have some random chick and dude sitting with Vic Joseph at ringside during NXT, while Wade Barrett and Beth Phoenix work remotely.

12. JimmyHoward33

Damn the cold open for Takeover was good. Some serious Attitude era Freddie Blassie voice over vibes

Draft saved Draft deleted