1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bob Woodward at IRE

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MeanGreenATO, Sep 25, 2020.

1. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

You already got blue fonted, but I'll just reiterate that this is a journalism board, hence the journalism convo. Also, I fully agree with Ragu's take.

2. Tech Trojan

Tech Trojan New Member

Bunch of stupid frustrated sportswriters who can't get into games cuz of Corona lashing out at Trump. That's my take from the cheap seats. Also, too stupid or self absorbed to do real journalism so really not caring what y'all think about politics. Was a war correspondent myself after sports got boring. Take a look in the mirror.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There’s a reason those seats are cheap.

5. Tech Trojan

Tech Trojan New Member

Funny thing is, you people think you're relevant. HA HA. Sports is a diversion from reality. Not into hate politics so wont be watching you buffoons any longer. SEC football is more entertaining than washed up wannabes musing about Woodwards latest hstchet job. News flash, he writes a book about every president, none complimentary. Maybe you should get off twitter and into the library.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Literally who are you?

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

So stick to sports but also don't because they're not important?

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

speaking of thinking he’s relevant ...

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Go back a couple of weeks ago in the Trump thread and see what happened when Joe D'Hipp tried to take on the entire SJ board. Bottom line: If you think you're the smartest guy in the room, you aren't.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That dude got seriously weird in a hurry.

12. awriter

awriter Active Member

I think she lost focus a bit in her questions. I think something along these lines would have worked better:

- “You said you consulted your assistants and your wife. But what about editors at the publishing company and the WaPo?”

- “You said you did not have enough info to run with the story in February. But why not March, April, May, June, etc?”

- “Were you under any contractual obligation to hold off on releasing the info until September?”

MeanGreenATO likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted