1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but I believe I saw earlier this week that the films have been cancelled.

EDIT: Whatever I saw appears to be incorrect ...
    The Walking Dead: A Rick Grimes Movie is Still on the Way

2. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

There hasn't been a Villanueve film I haven't liked. I'm pumped.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That Dune trailer is insanely good.

Severian likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Welp, the only good thing about the DC movies gets bumped again.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So, we're four episodes in on the second season of "The Boys," (I'm enjoying it) and the Amazon reviews star rating is looking pretty bad, but not because of the content's quality, but because a ton of viewers got their panties in a twist over having to wait a week for a new episode:

Here’s Why Fans Flooded ’The Boys’ Season 2 With Bad Reviews

Now, I'm an older fellow, so I got used to one episode per week throughout my childhood and early adulthood, so I just can't understand why this makes people so upset. This just seems further advance public opinion that the millenial generation is just a whiny bunch of people that can't tolerate delayed gratification. Is it just me?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Why not just wait until all the episodes drop and watch then? Did that with Perry Mason turned out all right.

I’m old. I Fucking hate admitting this shit. I haven’t watched episodic Tav in years and years. I really like watching multiple episodes in a row. And for good shows, really enjoy watching a season in a week. But you have to be spoiled and on a constant positive feedback loop to need it like that

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They are being idiots, especially if they like the show. Positive reviews are the way to help bring on future seasons. As more people use free trials to binge a show or two, then bail, the streaming services are going to do this more often. I like being able to binge, too, but it is a silly complaint.

I have enjoyed the first four episodes, too. It isn't as if these episodes are filler. The fourth episode did a great deal to move the story forward.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

There’s a trailer?

THERE’S A TRAILER!

9. outofplace

For those who have read the source material, but have not yet watched Season 2, Episode 5 of The Boys, I will write just one word: Terror. :)

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was cool. Funny thing was, I read the whole comics series before Season 2 started, so I was already familiar with Terror. However, when he showed up I was like "Oh, cool, there's the dog," and it didn't even hit me until a few minutes later (because the comics are still so recent in my mind) that, oh yeah, this is the first we've seen of him in the TV series.

11. outofplace

I also read the series, but right after watching Season 1, so it was months ago. I had read somewhere that Terror had a significant role this season, so hopefully that means we will see more of him.

It really is interesting to see where they stick to the source material, and where they choose to deviate. Of course, Stormfront is a huge change from the comics, but the powers and some of the character flaws seem to be similar.

mpcincal likes this.
  12. outofplace

Luke Skywalker vs. Jean-Luc Picard!
    The Joker vs. Professor Charles Xavier!
    Mark Hamill vs. Patrick Stewart....in air hockey?

Apparently, this is going to be an entire series of commercials. There is another one in which they argue about the pronunciation of tomato.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted