1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Florida was playing fast and loose with the numbers all summer, they've gotten worse since school started. And they have, I believe, intentionally repressed the number of people being tested.

Jake from State Farm and maumann like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

One side is trying their best.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It does not sound that way in Nashville, and that is what I call “unfortunate,” my friend.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Nashville? Hahahahaha ... Bring it on.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Somebody at the White House is gonna be pissed.

… and then the NYT deleted the original tweet, so here’s the replacement tweet.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

But if we test more, we’ll have more sick people!

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In 45 or so days, the election will happen, Biden will win, the Democrats will be in charge, and we'll see how well they do.

8. The Big Ragu

They can't do any worse. Just basic honesty and a lack of complete dumbassery and endless bullshit will be a 100 percent improvement in terms of how our elected leaders behave, if they strive for just that low bar.

There is the much bigger question of the 328 million or so individuals whose individual behavior is what matters most in terms of the response to the virus. In the aggregate we have failed miserably, and made what would have been something difficult into a complete and utter shit show that is still not under control, and is starting to get worse.

But let's keep having discussions about what to "open up" rather than getting the virus under control first and then figuring out what we can open up, under what circumstances and behaviors that will be required to open those things up, and when. Because putting the cart before the horse was such a smart strategy.

Nation. Of. Idiots.

OscarMadison, SFIND, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Having made a bad thing worse - pandemic; 9/11 forever war; global derivatives collapse and recession - I always enjoy the Republican flourish "let's see how well those Democrats do now."

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

LOL MANLY MAN OF MEN!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    SFIND likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

In 45 days or so Joe Biden may win an election. ... and our country will still be cursed with a lot of morons like that guy.

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted