1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The pandemic broke the week of March 10-13. There was already plenty of concern.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

to placate all the sportswriters who have been aching to write about politics nothing is ever good enough is it

3. Starman

Ah yes, the infamous golf pictures from July 10, 2012.
    At which time the allegedly (purportedly) 6-foot-3 Fatfuck-to-be (at the time he was "Chunkyfuck" or maybe "Thickfuck") weighed somewhere in the range of 260-280 pounds.
    Thousands and thousands and thousands of Big Macs have disappeared down the gullet of death since then.
    Let's say he weighed 270 at this point.
    Now imagine he's gained a pound and a half per month since then. Do the math.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We’re just not going to agree on this. You think I’m a ghoul, I think the elementary school
    Kids should be back, in a lot of places they are, in other places they laughably go to the school to learn remotely while in a child care center, in other places they’re at home and teachers call the cops on the kids because they saw a toy gun.

There’s simply no rational discussion to be had here. Emotions trump all, disagreement is moral sin, and, again, college football doesn’t have a damn thing to do with school not being in session. If the school district thinks daily antigen testing for teachers and staff is the solution, buy the tests instead of a bunch of shitty low functioning tablets for remote learning.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

swear to god, thought this was a @garrow lyric

Pilot, Slacker, garrow and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a hoot! He is so fat.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Apparently college football isn't the only thing that has nothing to do with elementary schools in the middle of a viral pandemic that has taken the lives of 200,000 Americans and counting. ... The virus has nothing to do with it either.

But there I go being all emotional. The moral sin does it to me.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

pray to end abortion china virus

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The painful absurdity of AG William Barr's slavery comment - CNNPolitics

Democratic South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn got right to the point when asked about Attorney General William Barr's comment on Wednesday that lockdowns to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus were the "greatest intrusion on civil liberties" in US history "other than slavery."

"I think that that statement by Mr. Barr was the most ridiculous, tone-deaf, God-awful thing I've ever heard," Clyburn, long-time Black leader from South Carolina, said on Thursday. "It is incredible, as chief law enforcement officer in this country, to equate human bondage to expert advice to save lives. Slavery was not about saving lives. It was about devaluing lives."

10. Starman

Sounds like he's drunk the Kool-Aid.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

TapIntoAmerica-

McNinny is McEnaney. Who looks like just about every girl I went to high school with (just with varying hairstyles).

This is someone who has failed upward her whole life but might have learned a thing or two at the elite institutions she attended: when to fold.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Starman-
    The fat in Trump's neck could heat an Amish village for the winter.
    Even fat guys have muscle tone in cases.
    You look at Trump's T-Rex arms and the famously small flippers and wonder why people have ever spoken of him like he's some extraordinary physical specimen.
    The most movement he's gotten in 40 years is swinging that damn club and it shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.