1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

275 might win by double digits

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

A dozen ProV1s, you've got a red-number winner and I get Even and anything worse?

Chef2 and MileHigh like this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I know the writer who wrote the book on Oakmont that was commissioned by the club. I should ask him if he has anything additional on this.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

Just got his email back:

true story. i forget the caddy's name. nick was his first name.

another story. same asshole different caddie. at no. 7, uphill par-4. the practice was the caddie would give the golfer his driver, then take the bag and goes up to the top of the hill, over 100 yards, to watch for the ball. bob (forgotten last name) gives the guy his driver , hikes up the hill, and then the guy starts yelling down at the tee for him to ccome back and get his umbrella or folding umbrella. bob tries to wave him off, tells him he and bring it. bob doesnt want to make that hike again. but the crab starts yelling and carrying on, ordering bob to come back and get his umbrella. whereupon, with appropriate comments, bob drops the bag right where he's standing and walks in.

bob kept his job.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

That member is lucky he was never pitched over the bridge and into the path of an 18-wheeler on the Turnpike.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

You'd think after the club continued siding with its employees rather than the asshole that he'd look into a mirror one day and say, "maybe it is me."

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Done.

playthrough likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

If you lose this bet, especially after losing the avatar bet to me last year, I want you to change your name to Mush2.

Chef2 likes this.
  9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, yeah. But the problem is, if you are that level of asshole you're too far gone to recognize it is you.

maumann and BitterYoungMatador2 like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Brandon Wu with a stone cold sh--k.
    Would he be the founding member of the "Wu Shank Clan"?
    Tip. Try.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Never a dull moment with Spieth. Even through nine with a bogey, double and three straight birdies.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I have no idea who Jazz Janewattananond is, but that's a Hall of Fame name.

playthrough and da man like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted