1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’d pay a large sum to see Fox News turn down a call from Trump.

matt_garth likes this.
  2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

What’s ironic is the VSP pundit class, the ones who have a distaste for Trump, have willingly embraced the Biden has dementia/cognitive decline line that is also being pushed by Russia propagandists and Trump himself.
    For those people, almost entirely boomers, their platonic ideal of a democratic candidate is John Kasich even though he isn’t a democrat and the only office he’ll ever hold again is being governor of the green room.

As for the vaccine, I was talking to a guy who owns a testing lab. His facility is running a clinical trial, and while he didn’t say exactly, I believe it is the Astra Zeneca trial that was recently paused. But, anyway, he says the earliest you might see a vaccine is end of January early February.
    The issue is getting people to take the trial. His lab, in a metro area of 1 million, needs 3,000 to participate. They’re paying $900 to $1,000 a person and they aren’t anywhere close to the numbers they need. His lab isn’t the only one in town running clinical trials and, according to him, there’s not enough people interested.
    And it isn’t just people but they need whites, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, big people, skinny people, and so forth.
    CNN just happened to be running a segment on a vaccine as I type this and their reporting says 30,000 people are going through a trial.
    I wasn’t 100 percent paying attention as I was getting another cup of coffee so I don’t know if that’s a total number or the number doing a trial this week.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You think he read the book? He can’t even read all of three bullet points on a note card.

garrow likes this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Typical CEO behavior. One of the many reasons why government shouldn't be "run like a business."

Tarheel316, garrow and Fred siegle like this.
  5. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

My trump friend has two responses to everything: “yeah, but the stock market” and “yes, he’s a horrible person, but if Biden comes in they are going to do terrible things to the country.” And on a related note, she’s played the “I’m the least racist person ever, I had black friends (although 0 now or for at least the last 10, 15 years).”
    She says it’s unamerican to kneel for the anthem, I reply it’s very american, the whole idea behind our country is the freedom to protest something like racism. “Well, I’m not racist” THEY ARE NOT PROTESTING YOU SPECIFICALLY! They are protesting the system and some of the things police have done.
    Then I get the “why is it black lives matter? All lives matter”
    Saying black lives matter does not mean you are saying that other lives don’t matter.
    Then I change the subject and vow to avoid talking about politics, for the 100th time.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

So what happens after Trump walks out to Marine One (or is dragged bodily out of the Oval Office) on Jan. 20?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It is going to be up to Cy Vance or Letitia James to do the deed.

I wonder if James is using the NRA case as a cover to try and shake some stuff loose, specifically via the Maria Butina angle.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

All those readers of Scientific American who are loyal Trump supporters will undoubtedly be swayed.

Fred siegle and Driftwood like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

President Law & Order LOL

Personal lawyer: Guilty.
    Campaign manager: Guilty.
    Deputy campaign manager: Guilty.
    National Security Advisor: Guilty. Political advisor: Guilty.
    Chief strategist: Indicted.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It’s cliche to say, but imagine if just one of Obama’s people had done this. Republicans would be demanding abolishment of the “Democrat” party.

garrow likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

South Dakota getting weird. But I look forward to QAnon going after this guy ... oh, wait ... just saw his political affiliation.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.