1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Will that vaccine resurrect those who died from COVID?

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ron Howard VO: He didn't.

vicd and garrow like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I think Biden should take a drug test
    He’s taking something
    I’d take one too
    They made it up that phony Atlantic magazine They made up another one about Social Security I’m the one who saved it

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Iran wants Biden
    China wants Biden
    Russia probably wants Biden
    Nobody has been tougher on Russia than me

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I love it when people throw well-reasoned and carefully considered arguments at the President, and his reply is like "Man person camera dog phone."

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This part is obvious, but still stuns me so I want to type it out:

He often seems incompetent on all levels, and that’s become a foundation of my political beliefs. He doesn’t have the bandwidth to understand a problem like coronavirus thus can’t think ahead and Is reduced to his most basic instinct: personal survival and advancement. Rinse and repeat for basically every issue on the table.

BUT some of the Woodward tapes have shown he actually does understand what’s going on with the virus, he just chooses to look so stupid and handle it so poorly.

That’s somehow worse than him being too dimwitted to understand in the first place.

HanSenSE, Dyno, TowelWaver and 3 others like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It establishes an element of intent, which will be key in the genocide trials to come.

The first defense will be that poor addled Fatfuck simply made bad decisions in good faith, operating on faulty information supplied to him by incompetent underlings. He never dreamed such tragic consequences were possible.

Not after the Woodward tapes.

12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

It actually is pretty simple. He planned to run on the economy and booming stock market. He chose that over taking steps that would prevent the virus from taking off. He only thinks in terms of what is best for him in the short term.
    He couldn’t see that ignoring the virus would hurt the economy long-term, and really didn’t care if there were deaths.
    And he’s still telling himself “I was right, look at the stock market”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.