1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 13, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He gave a pretty large sample size in GB.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was figuring at the very least, McCarthy would put an end to the daily soap opera that the Cowboys have become over the last decade - I'm guessing not.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8 seasons of 10+ wins including a 12, 13, 15 -- and a Super Bowl title -- does kind of suck.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I didn’t like the hire at the time. I don’t think Jerry seriously interviewed anyone else, and McCarthy was not in demand. Just uninspired.

Not kicking the tying FG was bizarre.

Guy_Incognito likes this.
  5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They didn't replace the owner/GM did they?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

OTOH in terms of wins since 2016, the Cowboys are 4th. maybe Garrett got the most out of his team maybe not. I think most people thought McCarthy should have had more Super Bowls. The obvious question: Did McCarthy underachieve?

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The fact that that Super Bowl title was the only time they got there, and the 12, 13 and 15 were among a long series of playoff flameouts with two first-ballot Hall of Fame quarterbacks, are why McCarthy has the "suck" distinction.
    It's all relative, of course.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If my math is right, there were 19 flags per game in last year’s week 1. So far this year, 13. Pretty big difference.
    Www.nflpenalties.com.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Is my TV jacked up or is that the field?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fowler-Herbie on an NFL game is ..... strange.

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

On the plus side, Ben Roethlisberger looked good after a slow start and the Steelers won their opener. On the bad side, they lost two starters on the offensive line on consecutive plays late in the game and both could be done for the season. Wisniewski isn't a regular starter, but he is filling in with DeCastro out and he has a pectoral muscle injury. Zach Banner won the right tackle job with a strong camp, but it looked like he blew out his knee.

Of course, James Conner got hurt again, but that's not even news at this point. He may have lost his job to Benny Snell tonight, anyway.

Draft saved Draft deleted