1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

US cut a deal with the Taliban, as the Taliban was still hunting US and European soldiers. Trump didn’t tell the Afghan government of the troop withdrawals, just making deals with terrorists. Not the first time the administration makes deals with terrorists and third parties rather than the existing government, see Syria.

can I stop taking my shoes off to get on an airplane if the administration makes business deals with Al Queda?

Mngwa likes this.
  2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

D4A36869-295F-43F8-ADB6-8D7FC2FC7818.jpeg

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. You want an answer to that question? Fine. I think Trump was a damn fool for using a phrase ("enemy of the people") connected with Stalinist brutality and repression. But you know who the bigger fools are? You idiots for letting such a phrase get to you.

You might not realize this but the vast majority of American people have a very, very low opinion of journalism right now. Do you know why? It has nothing to do with Trump, ultimately. It has to do with the fact that reporters and editors around the nation are either so thin-skinned, or so compromised, that they allow such a comment to turn their newspapers, magazines and broadcast Outlets into nothing more than propaganda. You don't have to be a Republican, conservative, Trump supporter or anything else to see that. There are a lot of Americans who don't fit any of those three categories and who see that.

People like you continually whine, b****, piss and moan about Trump, Republicans, conservatives, the profession, whatever. But you don't do a goddamn thing to make things better. Maybe the reason some of you were laid off is because you didn't know how to do your jobs anymore. You became so infatuated with your own opinions, your own perceptions, that you have lost touch with real people. That is a danger not only in this profession but in professions like teaching, Nursing or any others in which direct contact with people is involved.

But most of you feel so sorry for yourselves that you are drowning in your own self-pity. You are so intoxicated with your own self righteous anger a self-righteous anger at Trump that you have become addicted to it.

I really don't give a damn what any of you think of me. I don't need a goddamn thing from any of you. I don't have to convince a group of people who are so bigoted and closed-minded that if they lived In the Jim Crow South, they would be members in good standing of the KKK.

That characterization of the majority of people on this thread is accurate. Don't like it? Then behave differently. Otherwise, I would strongly suggest that you all go perform a physical impossibility on yourselves.

5. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

No intelligence required to join the cult.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Mngwa likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s ok, the rest of get confused about WM. Is it Waste Management or Whites Matter?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when Richard Nixon called Bob Woodward to blab about something far worse than Watergate?

10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

You got any more of that acid, Mr. Gorka?

Shove it up your fat ass.

I have lived in the Jim Crow South. How's Texas (15 years, four papers), Louisiana (six years, one crappy family owned paper in Red Stick) and Mississippi (18 years, Biloxi-Gulfport) and there's plenty of good people, a staggering number of brain-dead Trumpers, some real Republicans (which I doubt you really are).

I'm a career sportswriter, with two layoffs (one disguised as a firing, the Texas Employment Commission had to intervene and pay me my severance after the Naziboy Trumper, once my close friend, stabbed me in the back and fired me on January 3, 2016) and one bullshit layoff for sexual harassment (the Scarlet Letter in the biz, admittedly) that NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED. It's just I was 59 and she was 32.

She was at my apartment for 4 1/2 fucking hours. We made out. BFD.

I just re-read your post. You don't know jack shit, motherfucker.

On the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I was the metro columnist for two months after Katrina. The paper was being run by Knight Ridder then, not on-site management. I'd won more awards than any writer, sports or news, they've ever had. I helped them win a fuckin' Pulitzer. And they kept a Fat Fuck Trumper outdoors writer who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag -- he was fired for accepting money from the Mississippi Department of Fisheries about 14 months after I was thrown out with the garbage. You think I'm fucking angry? You're goddamn right.

My late father was a prominent political reporter in Washington. He was true to his craft. He was not a pundit. Straight reporter. Did 2 presidential debates, 1 vice presidential debate. Didn't express his opinion in print -- yes, he was a liberal, and no, he wouldn't have liked this clusterfuck trainwreck venture toward Russia, West, under the Fat Fuck -- until he began a series of retired journalist gigs in the mid- to late '90s.

People are coming around on the media, because the media has exposed Trump for what he really is. A Fat Fuck, a fraud, a con man, a pathological liar, a pig, a sorry excuse for a human being.

So you can take YOUR self-righteous shit and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.

But I'm not gonna help.

See ya.

Jesus

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I’ve never worked in a newsroom that wasn’t primarily filled with smart, curious people trying to do their best, who quickly became passionate about whatever their daily or weekly assignment may be, and who regularly rolled their eyes at all kinds of insults, for about half the money their college friends were making right out of school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.