1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

There's always OANN.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I can’t decide which of these I like better

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My father, a fellow Boomer like Trump, served in Vietnam in the Air Force, working on the planes that dropped the Agent Orange. As a result he developed Hodgkins disease then died of a heart attack that came about from the radiation treatment.

He was 32 and I was 5 when it happened.

Trump can go fuck himself obviously, but this is just who he is. The fact that so many other boomers continue supporting this man while having known Vietnam vets — friends from high school who never came home — well, you can begin shooting these people out of a cannon into a brick wall whenever you’re ready. I won’t lose a minute of sleep over it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Six of one, half a dozen of another. Pick ‘em.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I suggest you speak with any European who lived through WWII before you describe freely raging on a message board as "this living hell."

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

China’s attempt to cow Europe this week went poorly and I feel like there’s gonna be some aftershocks.

In the ritualized world of diplomatic jargon, this moment signaled not only a new European tone but also a new direction. For years, many European countries, and above all Germany, did their best for commercial reasons to look the other way as China violated human rights, took advantage of Europe’s open markets and bullied some of its Asian neighbors. Those times appear to be over.

The list of grievances against China has simply become too long. It starts with the crackdown on Hong Kong and the suppression of the Uighurs in Xinjiang — China insists that both topics, like the Taiwanese question, are internal matters and none of the world’s business. Then there’s China’s saber-rattling in the South China Sea, and of course its rapacious approach to business.

To ameliorate the latter, the summit on Sept. 14 was originally meant to formalize a better relationship for mutual investment between the EU and China. But after years of negotiations, the Europeans are fed up with China’s intransigence over the many ways its state-owned or state-guided firms buy into the EU’s single market to distort competition or snaffle up technologies. Rather than facilitate Chinese investment in Europe, the EU is starting to restrict it.​

Opinion | Europe Just Declared Independence From China — Bloomberg

maumann and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m going with the classic here: Fuck him gently with a chainsaw, Heather.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS again distracts while the real criming continues unabated. But, hey, who has time for details on illegal surveillance?

10. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Talking to Trumpists reminds me of trying to have a rational conversation with my dying mother when she no longer knew who I was; it’ll never make sense and trying to change that is only beating your head against a wall.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can't safely go to a movie (one of the loves of my life) but charlatans are demanding I send my children to school - I would call that a living hell of sorts.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Dueling militias in Kentucky, y'all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.