1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And as long as we’re on the subject of DC Fan Dome …

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We're trying Star Trek Lower Decks, the animated. I guess I don't get it. The lead is entirely unlikable, and I can't even pretend to try. It's not satire, exactly. It's not funny, exactly. But it has lots of Easter eggs and looks/sounds like Trek. I don't understand it. Anyone else watching?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm watching and enjoying it for what it is: A stupid cartoon based in the Star Trek universe. It feels like this is Star Trek's answer to the Orville. I'm not watching this as more than a turn my brain off for a half hour.

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize they had finished shooting Season 2 before things were shut down due to COVID. There is also a reminder in there that they haven't finished shooting any of the new Marvel shows, so we won't be seeing those for a while.

On the positive side, Season 2 of The Boys starts dropping tomorrow on Amazon Prime. If I remember correctly, they won't post the entire season at once this time around. Instead, it will be one episode per week.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I believe the first three are dropping tomorrow, with the rest being released one a week.

7. outofplace

I like that better. :)

8. outofplace

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I love TWD, although at this point I can't even remember if I'm caught up (last I remember Rick Grimes had "died" and been rescued in the mysterious helicopter. I think Michonne kept looking for him for awhile. Am I remembering that correctly? Was there a lot after that?

My hope for the spinoffs is that they eventually address the cause of the outbreak and maybe work toward finding a solution. As great as TWD was for many seasons, it eventually just became the Grimes Gang building small communities and then having to defend them against other evil tribes, with the Walkers posing about the same threat as stumbling onto a beehive, rinse, repeat.

The show runners long ago said there would be no cure, and they wouldn't divulge the cause of the outbreak on TWD. As such, the walkers really just became background, which was fine for a long time. However, if they're going to create two new shows in the TWD universe, they have to ... I don't know ... go toward something. Some goal.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This better not suck.

12. outofplace

I wonder if they are still going ahead with the movies. That was the plan, to pick up Rick Grimes' story in a movie. You are correct. We haven't seen Grimes since the helicopter, but Michonne found evidence that he was alive at some point after the bridge explosion, so she went off to find him. That is how they wrote her off the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted