1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You can also see Candace in the background reacting. Scary moment for sure

2. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Agreed. Hopefully it's just a prelude to the return of the Demon.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

4. nietsroob17

But really, who's worth busting out the demon for in NXT? Killer Kross if he gets the belt from Lee? Ciampa if he ever comes back?

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

right. I actually really like the more “real” prince character side, but his shoot speeches about being best are getting hollow when hes no where near a title picture, never got a feud with Cole etc

6. JimmyHoward33

This is great

7. nietsroob17

Oh boy, they're actually working real life into the Mandy/Sonya storyline.

8. nietsroob17

I watched this earlier. Samoa Joe choked worse than the Yankees in the 2004 ALCS. Breeze then Madusa'ed the old UDUD belt.

9. nietsroob17

Pat McAfee >>>>> Gronk. This might be legit the best performance I've ever seen from a celebrity/non-wrestler.

10. JimmyHoward33

So any guesses as to what (at summerslam) we’ll never see coming?

(besides promising we’ll know its the big show, of course)

11. nietsroob17

Wow. They transition the NXT belt off Keith to Kross, and Kross has a separated shoulder. Will be curious to see where they go now.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Was busy with family fun stuff last night, so today’s a heavy wrestling day. Saw Takeover today. McAfee put on a helluva show, and you could tell that they were trying to accentuate his strengths. I’m still a little partial toward Rousey’s debut, because that match was just flat-out bonkers.

Rest is show was entertaining as hell. Kross/Lee was a little slower than usual, but they told a good story. Kross worked the second half of the match hurt and lifted up a 340 pound man several times, which is amazing. Hopefully he’s not out too long.

Ladder match was enjoyable. I cracked up when Velveteen struck his pose, hit the belt, then realized he should grab it. Bálor/Thatcher was old-school work with a modern-day touch. Women’s match was fine.

Watching their 24 special on WM, then on to SummerFest.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted