1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hmm. I've felt like I've been in a bubble all week ... at our Amateur championship, spent five nights in a Westin that was lightly populated to say the least, got mostly takeout and brought it back to the room. It wasn't the worst. And hotels are freaking dirt cheap right now -- this was a Level 4 Marriott for less than $500 for a week. I'll enjoy the points, thanks.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

My kids principal, during a zoom meeting with parents last week, said 'school is no longer a place.' He's not wrong.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think most college students won't be in a rush to get back to campus if they can't go to parties or there are limited extra-curricular activities.

5. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think there's some truth to this, but there are also a lot of kids who are living in difficult or untenable conditions at home, and school is their sanctuary. I would have been in that group, and even if I would have had to stay in my room, you could not have kept me away.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Apparently they plan to film everything and the residents have to sign over all rights to any photos during their stay. It’s like Real World: Pandemic.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Here's a new one.

I get an email every morning from the USPS, showing me an image of what's supposed to be delivered that day. This week, I noticed a letter from a nearby town but the return sender's name wasn't familiar.

Always spooks me, especially with my sordid past. So I was curious but wary of what was coming.

When it came, it was a handwritten letter from a Jehovah's witness, apologizing for not being able to spread the Gospel in person! (Because I pick up the neighbor's junk mail, he had one as well.)

Now THAT's perseverance in action!

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I get those, too. And they're long letters. How many does each Jehovah's Witness write each day?

maumann likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Same here.

11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Jesus.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At one stop, an obit for a JW member ran about 70 inches. So, yeah, prolific writers. And they paid for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted