1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

He was around -200 or so to make the cut before Thursday.

2. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

I’m sure there were plenty of folks here who watched all of Friday’s broadcast, so I’m wondering, did ESPN show every shot by Woods and not one of the leader?

maumann likes this.
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Li took down Rory in Dubai a couple of years ago. He can finish.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Just read a deal where someone on the Latino-American tour went 79-59.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Li played in the morning, so they showed a highlight reel of his round a couple times while they were on the air.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I watched most of the entire broadcast yesterday and it was basically back and forth between Li's group, Rahm on the verge of a nuclear meltdown and Bryson trying to hit one to the Golden Gate Bridge.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I didn't miss fans at regular Tour events but I do here. Just too quiet.

TigerVols and maumann like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can we have Phil in the booth every week please?

9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Faldo must be sweating.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Phil on the mike of the PGA of America's big event after he lit the fuse on the Tom Watson Ryder Cup losing team conference has to be making folks in Palm Beach Gardens squirm.

And as I was typing, he sticks the needle by commenting on how little sand is in the bunkers.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Spieth needed eight birdies. Instead, he delivers eight bogeys, blows up to 76 and tied for DFL. But he was first in so he won't have to play first man out solo tomorrow morning, but should be back in Dallas before the leaders tee off.

Meanwhile, 19 within two shots of the lead.

maumann likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm endlessly fascinated by how the broadcast media considers some area as homogeneous. Yes, Morikawa played at Cal, and Berkeley is across the Bay from San Francisco. But just because Clovis is in the same state, Bryson DeChambeau doesn't actually have a "hometown" advantage, nor does Xander Schauffele, who's from La Jolla.

La Jolla to San Francisco is roughly 500 miles, or the distance between my cabin and Indianapolis. Hell, growing up in the East Bay, San Francisco was where people worked and tourists visited. You didn't think about traveling that far to go play a muni course.

They do the same thing with the whole "North/South Carolina" thing, too. Some guy from Asheville wins at Pinehurst in front of the home fans, or a kid from Clemson at Hilton Head.

Draft saved Draft deleted