1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Indulgence?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yes. I prefer them to to e-books.

OscarMadison, Liut and Jerry-atric like this.
  2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Re: Coolers

Yeah, I think pretty much any rotomolded cooler these days will do about the same in terms of ice retention. All of them are far superior to your standard cooler. The real key is the ice. You need hard ice. If you just dump the ice out of your kitchen freezer, it's not going to last long in any of them. If you take the same ice and keep it in your deep freeze or buy bagged ice, it'll keep for days.
    As for size and portability, I have an RTIC 65, and it's a beast. When it's full, you don't want to move it. Get it where you want it (back of a truck, boat, set up for a party), fill it up, and you'll have ice longer than you want it.
    Yeti was first and makes as much off side merch as it does cooler sales probably, just like Harley or Costa.* They all make fine products, but cheaper options perform just as well.

*I do or have owned products by all three.

Inky_Wretch and expendable like this.
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I have a few different little ones, but one that sticks out at the moment for some reason and is fairly recent is video game controllers. I have always been a not very talented gamer, but have always continued to play. Newer systems have so many cool controllers you can either buy or put together yourself. I bet I have 40 controllers, most acquired in the last two or three years. See some retro one I like, get it. See some color that pops, get it. The Switch is especially bad because they have so many, from retro NES ones and then pretty much every system since all the way up to different pro controllers with designs and characters. My kids play, so a lot of them get used anyway, but obviously way more than I need. But I like them and I almost never have to worry about a dead battery while playing!

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Amen!

However, most of the sales of a book I have out are e-books right now. Makes sense. I had a pretty good June (I attribute it to Father's Day), then July pretty much flat-lined.

I ordered two books from a brick-and-mortar three months ago. First one arrived, oh, in June sometime. The other? Earlier this week.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Driftwood

Re: Fishing Shirts (that I don't actually fish in but wear for work/casual)

Another brand I have one of is Bimini Bay. I got it at Walmart last fall. I really like it. It's well made, comfortable, and considerable less expensive than PFG.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s a less than $100 project. Possibly less than $50.

A local kid was making ergonomic Adirondack Chairs from pressure treated wood for $100 (holy fuck), so that and stain added to the project. If you have a truck, you can get damn good stone for about $50.

I’m going to enjoy the fuck out of this once it gets cold.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Same. While I will knock back a Coors with my father-in-law, I do much prefer to try something that isn't the McDonalds of beer. When I go to a restaurant that has a real choice of beer (not Bug Light, Coors Light, Blue Moon and mass market IPA), I'll spend a good 10 to 15 minutes really studying their list. Often times choosing what I want to order and what I want to order after that first one. If I'm in the super market that has a real selection I can get lost in that for a good 30 minutes easy.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I hate strong beers. Give me a Mich Ultra and I’ll be happy, but put me in the wine section, or give me a good wine menu, and I’ll do the same.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

11. Driftwood

I seen ads for Floafers and don't think I could pull the trigger on those.
    They aren't good for wet weather, but I love my Sanuks.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Marty Stuart (Or is it Raul Malo? I forget) has so many albums in his home he had to retrofit steel beams to keep his floors from sagging.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted