1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Indulgence?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Yeti is a huge scam.

Unless you are bringing in a tuna from 50 miles into the Atlantic, the WalMart cooler will work just fine.

Pro tip... get an Arctic Zone metal pint flask and do drip over coffee into it. It will stay hot for about an hour without a lid. I burn my lips when I use the lid.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So I built a pandemic fire pit this summer and my neighbor is a huge fire pit guy as well. We have been chopping wood a lot this summer, and I understand the nuance in this post.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Spotify premium is money well spent.

I’ve also added Audible, which is awesome when I walk the pooch 45 minutes everyday.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I collect memorabilia connected to the “Big Red Machine,” including many ticket stubs, game programs and baseball cards.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

books

OscarMadison, Flip Wilson and Liut like this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Do you continue to read books in paper form?

OscarMadison and Liut like this.
  7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I used to think that. My issue is that I live a little over four hours from my college, and I enjoy going to tailgate a couple times a year. By the time I get from my house, to the tailgate, game, and back home, everything is a sloppy mess. Whatever leftovers I have usually wind up in the trash. My friends, who have Yetis, claim they have very little ice melt. But the price.

I have a $9 Walmart Ozark Trail 30 oz. tumbler that I keep filled with ice water, and it seems to work as well as any I’ve seen.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have tickets, press passes, and programs from nearly every event I’ve attended. I really should throw them out, but they’ve survived every purge. I doubt I’ll ever get another press pass, and the events of the past six months show how valuable the ticket stubs are to me. I’m sure when the time comes, my kids will toss them, but I doubt I ever will.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I've got a couple broadcast turntables, I'd guess he's kept some over the years. Built like tanks, love them.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Magellan vs. Columbia shirts

I was never able to confirm it, but I'm pretty sure Columbia is the OEM supplier of those shirts for Academy. At my old gig, we had our line of spinnerbaits. But we'd also make Academy's H2O Xpress spinnerbaits. Same components, same factory, different packaging.

Re: Coolers

The rotomolded coolers perform about the same. Yeti was the original and got a big lead thanks to that. RTIC, Orion, Grizzly, etc. are all good. Just find one in your price point and you'll be fine. But if you're looking for something more portable, look at Icemule Coolers. It's a soft cooler that's shaped like a top-opening duffel bag. We used one at the beach last year and it kept ice for almost 24 hours. But it had backpack straps to make it easier to carry.

Driftwood likes this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fantastic idea, thank you. And good busy work. I am going to do this.

12. BrownScribe

BrownScribe Active Member

Well first it was jackets, but they were taking up too much room, then it was Legos before they became a pain to store. Lately, it's baseball cards but jeez, talk about crazytown. So, right now I am just a lonely, sad, bored sack of an ex-journalist. o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted