1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One’s a pointless douchebag, the other’s … a pointless douchebag.

Advantage: push.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Cole vs. McAfee: the Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor of the NXT generation.

OK, maybe not.

They tried to get Gronk to wrestle before he went to the Bucs. Now, they have to settle for Pat McAfee.

3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Which non-wrestler match Summerslam weekend will be better, Dominick vs Rollins or McAfee vs Cole?

One one hand Dom has been training, on the other McAfee’s a pro athlete. Albeit a punter.

I’d say Seth freakin Rollins but that’s gotta be a wash skill wise with Cole

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

McAfee often mentions he has a wrestling ring in his backyard and works with trainers. He'll probably spend the next two weeks at their performance center and be fine.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Gotta go with Dominick vs. Rollins. They're telling a story there that won't require Dominick to do too much. He doesn't have to hit a 619 like his old man. Whatever offense he gets in can be with weapons.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  6. nietsroob17

As a dad, I know. The plight is real.

7. JimmyHoward33

Funny post i saw on reddit,

Those guys decided to attack and take over Smackdown because Samoa Joe would’ve eaten them whole if they tried it on raw

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if they're going to reveal the faction to be Wade Barrett and friends come to reclaim what's rightfully theirs.

9. nietsroob17

I remember when Hogan and Savage used Twitch to continue their classic feud.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. JimmyHoward33

poor Wade. He’s 3 times the size of any of those guys. Does seem like theres at least 2 women in the group which has the potential to be different and good.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Aw jeeze, RIP.

First couple of times I saw him as a kid, I’ll admit he made me a little bit nervous. Had a helluva run in the mid-80s with Hogan, and was such a great character. He had a rough past few years with losing his legs and having health problems.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And, to put a smile on our faces.

mpcincal, nietsroob17 and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted