1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Jul 24, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The best is in the summer, when it gets light out some days not long after 4. An 18-inning game in Anaheim gets you right to sunrise.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think it's a team error. Pitcher doesn't get an earned run from it but the runner is credited with a run if he scores.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It is unearned but any runners who reach after him and score are earned. And the pitcher is charged with the loss. They could have done like hockey where I don’t believe a shootout loss is charged to the goalie.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

When I was nightside on news desk, always looked forward to long rain delays in Colorado and picking up the game on KOA for the drive home.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You hate to see it.

Actually, nah.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

C'mon get your money's worth and aim somewhere other than the foot.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If I was an Astro, you better not miss the first time. The next pitch, the bat's coming at the mound like a helicopter blade. Then MLB will have to step in. The only way they'll stop that mess.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

TT, clearly you never worked on the sports desk, laying out the baseball page! :)

17-plus innings? Time for "On This Day in Baseball History" to get plugged in among the box scores.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Those pages were long gone by the time I got off the floor! We never planned to get West Coast scores in anyway.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My press guys HATED me because I waited until the last damn second to get as many scores in as humanly possible. About a year in, I finally had it out with Rocky — the generally nice guy but habitual complainer — and explained to him that at least five nights a week, the sports pages were coming at 1 a.m., which was deadline. Occasionally, they might come later. They weren't going to come earlier unless every West Coast game ended in under 3 hours.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ok Bert. ;)

Jerry-atric, maumann and Chef2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted