1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, crap. RIP Wilford Brimley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Also his last appearance on network television.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's a great interview. I miss Ferguson's show. That guy gave a masterclass in flirting with some of the sexiest women in the world, and got paid to do it.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Finally had a few minutes to watch this. Thanks for sharing. Great!

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I still love Craig's reaction after Brimley breaks into "Oh Susanna" and realizes he somewhat knows what he is doing.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

FWIW:
    The funniest talk show interview ever.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Wow! Incredible life. I remember Action Line in the Freep when visiting the grandparents. And to be EE at 33 in Detroit, amazing. The descriptions of 1970s era newsrooms are dead on: a pall of cigarette smoke hanging in the air, expletives undeleted and silent expectation that you'd pump out your best work every day under a tremendous amount of pressure, or they'd find someone who could.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

As a kid and young teen in the Sixties into the mid-Seventies, I visited my dad at the office every few weeks. Between the newspapers stacked to the ceiling, dummy sheets piled here and there, stories typed on typing paper all stuck together by highly flammable rubber cement, combined with cigarettes and cigars burning nonstop, it's a miracle all those places didn't go up like the Dresden firestorms.

FileNotFound and maumann like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted