1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, I've noticed that too. Not a fan of Zip. I seem to get the most hits on Indeed applications.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The radio ads I always hear for Zip are always catering to the employer (find the right CANDIDATE) and never the seeker (find the right JOB).

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

In our Colorado camp/motel site, there was a woman working on a travel nurse contract for Estes Park. I think she had three weeks left on a nine- or 15-week contract. I'd never even heard of that before meeting her.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Interesting, especially for the shortness. The offer that I have (haven't accepted yet because I have one last interview in a half-hour for a full-time/permanent job that they are moving quickly on) from the state is nine months -- or shorter. So it could end at anytime.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I have lots of friends who are nurses... One used to do this. Length of contract depends. She did year-long. If you're really invested in it and it's what you want to do, I'm told it's a great way to see lots of different places.

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

One thing I have made an effort to do since I began going to restaurants and bars again is increase my tipping to no less than 30 percent

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I tip 15% or $5, whichever is more. This is for takeout, where I never tipped BC (Before Covid).

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's only fair, to help pay the medical expenses of all those you are infecting.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Everything I do is outside and during early hours, nothing on the weekends
    And I always wear a mask

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's been around for years. Skilled nurses in a specialized area go on the road to a hospital with a shortage and make 50%+ more with their hotel room paid for. It's a good gig if you don't mind the travel and leaving home for months at a time.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I never tipped for take out until Covid. I figured the restaurant was making theirs and I wasn't paying for service. Now everyone involved is just trying to hang on, so yeah, $4-5 at least.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted