1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great back-and-forth down the stretch in Memphis. Nice win for JT -- third-youngest to 13 wins behind Tiger and Jack.

On to the PGA -- and prime time golf in the East. ESPN has the first two rounds and early weekend coverage -- but no Hotel California crap from Boomer.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He’s busy pushing car insurance with his buddy Ice-T

3. MileHigh

Fine by me. Just stay away from the twice-a-year golf telecasts on the mothership.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Being that it’s 2020, ESPN will bring back Boomer with color analyst Greg Norman

Tighthead likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Didn’t watch, but what the Phil-Bones dynamic?

6. MileHigh

No,. Especially since Fox has given up the U.S. Open. This is a win-win year so far.

7. MileHigh

Didn't show too much but seemed fine. Nice paycheck for Bones -- and he's on the bag next week at Harding. Good interaction post-round between Bones and JT's dad, though surprised to see him there.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Phil didn't acknowledge him on the first tee, from what someone reported on social media.

9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I always assumed there was more friction in their parting than what was stated. Seems like there was never an in depth account of the split.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Been nuts with other things going on. Just really realized a few days ago there’s a major this week. Giddy up!

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Only caught bits and pieces from Memphis, but what was with Phil's shades? Does he have a Zach Johnson-style eye problem regarding bright light?

It actually was a pretty good look for him.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He's worn them several times since the restart. Not sure if he thinks they're cool, has an actual vision/medical issue or is just getting old.

Draft saved Draft deleted