1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Don't worry. We're quickly catching up.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

More people per capita have died of the virus in those countries. I have a hard time seeing how that’s a testament to good government.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Because the problem has been ameliorated to a greater extent than in other countries. Far greater than here.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Imagine two countries. In A, 50% of its population gets a disease, and 10% of this portion dies. In B, 10% of its population gets a disease, but 60% of this portion dies. I have a hard time seeing B’s lower infection rate as the be-all, end-all.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Correct. One of these is not like the other.

upload_2020-8-2_19-20-7.png

OscarMadison and SFIND like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It isn't Monday morning quarterbacking for the many among us who were calling for President Trump to do his job and focus on getting a national testing program in place months ago. We still don't have that. He refuses to even try.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A significant number of older members at my Cape golf club have winter homes in Florida. Have heard more than one discussion as to when or even if they'll go south this winter.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The status quo of last February, when my mom’s ALF wasn’t on hard lockdown against the virus so I could at least visit her on a regular basis. She was alive then and at least remembered who I was, even if she wasn’t making much sense when she talked to me. At least I was able to visit. After her ALF locked down, the only time I got to see her was when she was on her deathbed.

Shut up.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My dad died four days before I was planning to visit. Didn't get to tell him goodbye.

Life sucks sometimes.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted